Hull FC v Hull KR report

Hull KR came out on top in the Clive Sullivan Memorial Trophy match at the KC Stadium after a stirring fight back in the 2nd half.

The Robins were 22-6 down in the 2nd half but suddenly Hull FC seemed to take their foot off the gas and Rovers needed no second invitation to take advantage.

Mark Minichiello was the standout player for the home side as he scored two tries, his first coming after a great sidestep round Kieran Dixon and 40 metre dash to the posts and his 2nd came after he ran a beautiful line onto a well weighted pass to see him crash through 2 defenders to give the hosts a deserved 16-6 lead at half time.

Other try scorers for the Airlie Birds included Setaimata Sa after 90 seconds and in the 2nd half Fetuli Talanoa got on the score sheet after a deft kick by Marc Sneyd caused havoc behind the Rovers try line.

Hull captain Gareth Ellis had to be helped off after half an hour but coach Lee Radford said afterwards that there were no serious injuries and that the physio seemed quite happy with Ellis and that he should be OK.

In the proverbial game of 2 halves the visitors came back with tries from Ken Sio (2), Kris Welham, after a note able cross field move which Albert Kelly was very influential in and Darrell Goulding after Talanoa failed to catch a high kick and the centre pounced.

This was very much a classic pre season game that was very entertaining and will have been very useful to both sides as their preperations for the new Super League season continue in front of an attendance of 9,445.


One thought on “Hull FC v Hull KR report

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s